Saturday, February 18, 2012

Starting Over

I was thinking of starting this whole blog over since it's been so long since I've been here to do anything. But after coming and checking things out, I decided that I like what I started three years ago. So, I just got up to speed with the new blogger updates and tweaked what I wanted things to look like. I'm happy with it for now. I'll just see where this goes.

 Have you ever had life punch you in the gut so hard that not only did it knock the breath out of you but it also took everything you thought was possible and stomped it into pieces all around your feet?? Well, that's where I've been for nearly 2 years. I've been stuck in a very dark place, one that I wasn't completely sure I'd ever get out of, nor did I really want to.  Without going into all the "who cares" details, I had given up on almost everything, including my dream of becoming a serious writer. Life was bleak.

Two weeks ago, I lost my job. I have all this time on my hands now, I got out my old notebooks and those old embers began to glow. Our dreams never really leave us after all. Sometimes they get buried in all the bullshit and sometimes they are locked away for a time but eventually we get reminded that there was something we really wanted to do at some point in our lives. Something that puts all the other pieces into place.

So, here I am, back to try this thing once again.  I told someone last week that being a writer is my biggest dream that never dies. As long as we have at least one of those, how dark can it really be?  Starting over seemed the only next step to take but I found so much I already have to build upon. It's not really starting over just taking up where I left off. It feels good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment